Saturday, July 25, 2020

My new, but odd/rare(?) Tech

Much has happened since I last posted (April 2109? Has it really been that long?)...I had left "home" in Prairie Switch, Texas; became homeless when WHO announced the "pandemic" due to the coronavirus; moved in with a fellow car-dweller from Nebraska; and am now living in the high desert of New Mexico, in a funky little town on the 33rd Parallel. I had next to nothing when I got the word that I had picked "a bad time to travel", and it would be best not to return. Being a thousand miles away at the time, there wasn't much I could do (I was allowed to return, albeit in the middle of the night, to retrieve a few things I needed, but to keep going). Luckily, I had my kit containing (among other things) a '40 Milord, so I was not without means to maintaining a civilized appearance. Now that I've been somewhat settled, I felt it was time to obtain a back-up razor...


 Stamped on the base plate "Made in England", I scored this nice '50s cased thin-handle Tech off that auction site. I took it for its maiden voyage using a blue-box Gillette 7 o'clock Super Platinum, the good ones, made in Russia and getting hard to find here in the States...


I had also scored, earlier at a local second-hand shop, a '70s Old Spice mug and Surrey boar brush. One must maintain a certain level of civilized behavior, you know.


Back to the Tech. The case had some wear on the top cover and was a bit cattywampus when closed, but I eased it back into proper position. It's also marked "Made in France" on the bottom...


The razor itself has very little wear, and is the solid thin-handle variety...


The seller's listing stated the weight at 52 grams, and it feels hefty. It turned out to be a most excellent shaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment